This is FAMOUS AND VERY TASTY DISH WHEN EATEN WITH RICE, DHAL AND LUNCH OR DINNER, OR JUST AS A SNACK.
Children will really love them!!!
- Rice – 1 kg
- Sabudana- 150 gms
- Onion 2 nos
- garlic- peeled 5-6 nos
- coriander leaves
- curry leaves
- cumin seeds 1 spoon
- til- 1 spoon
- green chilies -4-5 nos
- Salt to taste
How to make:
- Soak rice in water for 24 hours and dry in shade for 2 days on a clean piece of cloth.
- Take 150 gms of sabudana and dry this is sunlight for 2-3 days.
- Grind rice and sabudana to fine powder.
- Now the rice powder is ready.
- Add cumin seeds and til to this powder.
- chop some onions, chilies, coriander leaves, curry leaves and grind them in mixer.
- Heat some water in a vessel and add the content in the mixer to it and allow the water to boil.
- Add salt to taste to the boiling water.
- Add the rice powder to this boiling water and allow to boil for some time and later knead it to a dough.
- Make small balls from the dough and press it in a happala or round shape and allow it to dry for 1 day in shade
- And later again dry it in sunlight for one more day .
- Now happalas are ready to eat.
How to eat and serve:
Deep fry these dried happalas in oil and it is ready to eat as a snack or side dish with any meals.
Try out and please give your feedback
Tip: Happalas should be made in summer so that you have enough sunlight to dry the happalas.