How to make mouth watering Halbai
- Soaked Rice – 1 Measure
- Grated jaggery – 1 measure
- Grated coconut- 1 no. ( for 1/4 kg rice add one coconut- medium size)
- water- 2 measures
- cardamom – 10 nos.
- cashew nuts- 20 gms
- almonds- 20 gms
- dry grapes- 20 gms
- ghee- 3 table spoon
How to make:
- Grind the soaked rice( soak for 2 hours, no problem if soaked for 4 hours), grated coconut, cardamom with water ( 2 measure).
- Grind it to a rough paste. Pour the grounded paste to a nonstick vessel.
- Now add jaggery to the grounded paste.
- Mix well.
- Heat the mixture and cook nicely on high flame till it gets heated up fully.
- Later reduce the flame to medium flame.
- But constantly keep stirring the mixture.
- After some time, the liquid changes to semi solid, let it cook well even after it becomes completely semi solid.
- Grease the plate with ghee, the pour the cooked mixture on the plate and spread well and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Later cut it to desired shape.
Yummy halbai is ready to eat and serve.
- Usually this is given as sweet to children called as “bombe bagina” in “Navarathri” Dasara festival, in karnataka.
- This is first offered to “God” and “Navarathri Pattada Gombe” and shared with all family members, relatives and friends and guests.
please watch the video, make the dish and give feedback.
Happy Navarathri to all viewers.
Please follow and like us: