Easy to make ghee rice with kurma and very yummy in taste
Easy to prepare quick breakfast recipe or lunch box recipe.
Ingredients for Ghee Rice
- Rice – 1/2 kg
- cooking oil – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- palao leaves- 2 nos
- Lavanga (clove) -3-4 nos.
- Grated coconut- 1 cup
- Green chillies – 4-5 nos.
- Jeera (cumin Seeds) – 2 spoon
- Ananas Flowers
- Garlic- one big size (peeled)
Masala:(for ghee rice)
• Add grated coconut, smashed ginger, green chillies, garlic, little water to a mixer jar and grind into a find paste.
• Now the masala for ghee rice is ready.
• Heat oil and ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds to the heated oil.
• Add the grounded masala to the oil and cook for some time (3-4 minutes)
• Now add 1/2 cup water and again allow it to boil.(2-3 minutes)
• Wash the rice twice with clean water and drain the water and keep aside.
• Now add the washed rice to the pan.
• Add chakke, lavanga, ananas flowers and palao leaves.
• Now add 2 times of water to the rice
• Add salt and allow to cook in the pressure cooker for 1 whistle.
• Yummy and easy ghee rice is ready to eat and serve.
How to make kurma for ghee rice
Ingredients for Kurma
Vegetables can include (carrots, potatoes, onions, nulkol, green peas, beans)
2. Chakke, Moggu, clove, palao leaves
3. grated coconut
4. Poppy seeds 1 spoon
5. Sambhar powder/ Kharada pudi
Grind – grated coconut, poppy seeds and kharadha powder or sambhar powder into a fine paste and keep aside.
Masala for kurma is now ready.
- add all the chopped vegetables into a pressure cooker, add palao leaves, clove and chakke and moggu to the cooker along with the vegetables and pressure cook for 1 whistle. (or according to your cooker).
- Now add the grounded masala to the cooked vegetables and mix well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Allow it to boil.
- Kurma for ghee rice is now ready to eat and serve.
- There is no seasoning done for kurma.
*It goes well along with ghee rice.
- Its okay if you have missed any vegetables.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 5-6 people
Please try and give your feedback