Sakkare Acchu | Sugar Moulds
Let us see how to make sugar moulds or sakkare acchu
- Sugar – 1/2 Kg
- Water- 1/4 liter
- Milk- 100 gms
- Curds- 100 gms
- Food color (optional)
How to make:
- Soak Sugar in water for 4-5 hours. If you have soaked and could not make the same day……. you can keep it for next day, there is no harm.
- Now also soak the wooden sugar moulds in a bucket of water for 4-5 hours. The more you soak the sugar moulds, you get proper good sugar moulds or sakkare acchu.
- Keep the soaked sugar on flame or stove and heat it till all the sugar is dissolved.
- Now add milk and filter it as shown in the video.
- Again add curds and filter it and keep it aside (Filtering is done to get clean and white moulds).
- Now take the sugar moulds from the bucket of water and wipe them with a cloth. Dont dry keep much and also dont leave too much water content in the moulds.
- Tie both the wooden pieces with Rubber bands as shown. And keep aside.
- Now take a thick bottom vessel and add little sugar syrup and start heating.
- Take paaka as shown in the video and once it comes to the required consistency pour it the wooden moulds and after it is cooled down remove the moulds to the required shape….
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Youtube link in kannada
Youtube link in English