Coconut palao is healthy and easy breakfast recipe very rich in nutrition.
Ingredients for masala:
- Ginger- 2 inch
- Garlic 1 no.
- Curry leaves
- Cinnamon 4 -5 pieces
- Lavang/ Clove – 4-5 nos
- Star anise or ananas huva 1 no.
- Nutmeg or jaakai less than 1/4 of jaakai
- Mace of japathre- 2 piece
- Cardamom – 4 nos.
- Moggu – 2 nos
- Cashew nut- 8-9 nos.
- Green chillies 7-8 nos.
Grind all the above ingredients into a fine paste, in a mixer jar using water. Masala is now ready.
How to make coconut milk:
- Grind grated coconut in a mixer using water and strain the grated coconut and filter the coconut milk.
- Coconut milk is now ready.
Oggarane ge (seasoning)
- Oil 100 gms
- Chopped vegetables
- chopped onion 1 no.
- mustard seeds
- curry leaves
How to make coconut palao
- Heat oil in a pan and add 1 spoon mustard seeds, curry leaves, lavang 2 nos., chakke and moggu.
- Now add chopped onions and cook it for 1 minute and then add chopped vegetables, let vegetables cook for some 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the masala and allow to boil for 2 minutes and then add rice 1/2 kg and mix well.
- Now add the coconut water (1 and quarter litre ) .
- Now add salt to taste and chopped coriander leaves and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Now coconut palav is ready to eat.
This is a easy breakfast recipe if you are ready with chopped veggies and coconut milk.
For any queries or suggestions please write to firstname.lastname@example.org