Learn how to make Easy and very yummy yennegai Palya
Brinjal – 1/2 kg
Onions- 2 (big size)
Grated Coconut 3/4 cup
peanuts 3/4 cup
White til 1/2 cup
Dhaniya Powder 1 spoon
Soaked Tamarind – one lemon size
jaggery 2 spoon
Sambhar powder 2 spoon
Chilli powder 1/2 spoon
Turmeric powder 1/2 spoon
Jeera powder 1/2 spoon
Niger seeds powder 1 table spoon
Oil 100 gms
How to make yummy and tasty north karnataka special badanekai yennegai palya
1. Fry white til and peanuts separately till it turns brown.
2. Now cool til and peanuts and grind them to fine powder.
3. Now heat oil in a pan
4. Now add mustard seeds, curry leaves, chopped onions, two red chillies.
5. Now add chopped brinjal.
6. Close the lid and cook for some time ( 4 -5 mins) – (in between remove the lid and stir the contents).
7. Now add tamarind juice and allow it to boil for 2 – 3 mins)
8. Now add dhaniya powder, turmeric powder, jeera powder, chilli powder, jaggery, and sambar powder and mix well
9. Allow it to cook for 2 -3 mins
10. Now add grated coconut and allow to boil for 1 minute.
11. Add salt to taste
12. Add fried and grounded peanuts and white til powder.
13. Now add fried and grounded niger seeds.
14. Mix well and bring to a gravy consistency.
Badanekai Yennegai is ready to taste and serve.
Goes well with akki rotti, jolada rotti , chapathi and also poori.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 – 8 people