Easy to make Post Pregnancy Recipe (Bananthi Chatni Pudi).
This is bananthi chatni powder which ladies can eat 12 days after delivery.
This chatni powder can be used for breakfast along with dosa, thatt kadabu, or methi dosa. From 12th day to 1 month use less chilies and more garlic.
After one month you can increase the number of chilies if required.
1. Toor Dal – 3/4 cup
2. Grated dry coconut 3/4 cup
3. One medium sized garlic
4. Red chillies (Byadagi menasinakai 1 no. and mankattida menasinakai 2 nos.)
6. Curry leaves
7. roasted gram – 1 table spoon
8. Om kalu – 2 pinch
9. Salt to taste
10. L G Hing 1/4 spoon
How to make
1. Take a bowl and add toor dhal, curry leaves and red chilies and fry till toor dal turns golden brown on a low flame.
2. Now off the flame and add dry grated coconut, om kalu, L G Hing, garlic, tamarind, roasted gram, and fry for some time and mix well
3. now add salt to taste
4. allow it to cool and grind all ingredients to make a fine powder.
5. Bananthi chatni pudi is ready to eat and serve.
6. If you add luke warm water to this chatni powder it becomes like chatni, which can be eaten with dosas.
1. Use old tamarind for bananthi, new tamarind will cause cough for both child and mother.
2. Use this chatni powder for breakfast.
3. Garlic and dry coconut will help to increase breast milk.
4. Bananthi’s should eat fresh and hot food.
5. The new mothers have to be happy and should not worry.
6. Whatever new moms eat will directly go to the child in the form of milk.
So please follow whatever your elder people are advising you.