Chakli is a traditional dish liked by everyone and best suited dish for all occasions.
Learn how to make easy and yummy chakli recipe
- Dosa Rice/ thindi Akki 1 kg
- Urad dhal – 1/4 kg
- Fried gram – 1/2 kg
- Jeera -1 hand full (3 table spoon)
- Ovina kalu 1 hand full (3 table spoon)
- Dried green chillies or mankattida chilies – 1 hand full
- Oil- 50 gram
- White til – 2 table spoon
- salt to taste
How to make chakli powder
- Fry urad dhal till it turns golden brown,
- fry rice till it is lightly warm.
- Add jeera, ovina kalu, chillies, and fried gram to this fried urad dhal and rice.
- Grind all these to a fine powder and sieve it still to get very fine powder.
- Now chakli powder is ready.
- Whenever you want to make chaklis, you can make instantly if powder is ready.
How to make chaklis
- Take chakli powder (about 1/2 kg) in a bowl.
- Add 1 table spoon of jeera and 2 table spoon of white til to chakli powder.
- Heat oil (about 50 gms) in a pan and pour it to chakli powder. (you should get foam like when you pour to the powder, which is a indication that the oil is sufficiently heated).
- Mix well (it becomes like amul milk powder).
- Add sufficient water to make like chapathi dough.
- Wet you hands and knead the dough to small balls to place in the chakli machine to make chaklis.
- Now deep fry these chaklis in oil.
Hot yummy chaklis are ready to eat.
please comment and give feedback.
Please follow and like us: